World renowned worship leader Darlene Zschech has announced her move with husband Mark Zschech to take up position of Senior Pastors at Church Unlimited, Central Coast NSW, officially starting in late January 2011.
From Calcutta, India, where Zschech is currently leading worship at a Festival of Life crusade, she wrote, “we are fully persuaded that this is the will of God for us and our family.”
The move for Zschech comes after serving at Hillsong Church for 25 years alongside Pastors Brian and Bobbie Houston as worship pastor of the Hillsong team, leading praise and worship worldwide.
On the Hillsong Church website, Senior Pastor Brian wrote, “Mark and Darlene have been an enormous blessing to Hillsong Church and they will move into this new role with the complete support of both the Hillsong Church eldership and Bobbie and I personally. For 25 years the Zschech family have been an integral part of our church family and whilst they will be greatly missed, we feel as though this is a good and a timely step for them.
“We have welcomed Darlene to continue to be part of the team in key Hillsong praise & worship projects and, with Mark, in Hillsong Conference's and we pray great things for their future.”
Darlene Zschech leaves Hillsong after 25 years to pastor Church Unlimited with husband
By: Rachel Ford
Tuesday, 26 October 2010, 15:26 (EST)
- New ISIS video appears to show beheading of Steven Sotloff
- 'We'll love Muslims' pledge signed by Christians, religious leaders
- World Congress of Families speaker compares abortion to Iraq massacre
- AFL supports gay marriage, vows crackdown against homophobia
- Over 500,000 young Australians unemployed or seeking more hours
- John Lennox: 'Atheism and science do not mix, but belief in God and science mix perfectly'
- Christians to observe week of prayer and fasting for Australia and Middle East
- James Foley's touching letter to loved ones: 'I feel you all especially when I pray'
- Chinese pastor faces decade in prison for resisting church crackdown