Hillsong has recorded a new version of ‘It is well with my soul’ to raise funds for those affected by the floods in Queensland, Australia.
This version features a newly written chorus by Reuben Morgan and Ben Fielding.
Twenty-two people died in the floods, Queensland’s worst natural disaster. Flood waters have also affected the state of Victoria.
All the proceeds from sales will go to the Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal, set up to support the tens of thousands of people affected.
Hillsong Australia has already been meeting the needs of those affected in the last few weeks in a coordinated response with Australian Christian Churches.
Hillsong's Brisbane campus was registered as one of the city's official evacuation centres, while church members opened up their homes to other church members in need of a place to stay.
The church has also collected food and cleaning products at its Sunday services and signed up volunteers to help in the clean up operation.
The single and free sheet music are available to download at hillsongmusic.com/categories/live/itiswellwithmysoul
Hillsong single raises funds for flood-affected Australians
Tuesday, 25 January 2011, 23:29 (EST)
- Australia should raise intake of persecuted Iraqi Christians, says ACL
- Contract signings by Premier, Minister signal new era in homeless services
- Meriam Ibrahim leaves Italy for US; plans to settle family
- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris drew closer to God as they prayed for their premature son
- Churches accuse government of 'state sanctioned child abuse' over treatment of asylum seekers
- 100 years since World War I: Pope Francis pleads for 'mistakes of the past' not to be repeated
- Assisted suicide investigation into Max Bromson's family shows need for 'dying with dignity' laws, says Greens
- Call to reverse bible study; prayer group ban in Victorian schools
- Lowering the 'reading age' of church