Hillsong has recorded a new version of ‘It is well with my soul’ to raise funds for those affected by the floods in Queensland, Australia.
This version features a newly written chorus by Reuben Morgan and Ben Fielding.
Twenty-two people died in the floods, Queensland’s worst natural disaster. Flood waters have also affected the state of Victoria.
All the proceeds from sales will go to the Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal, set up to support the tens of thousands of people affected.
Hillsong Australia has already been meeting the needs of those affected in the last few weeks in a coordinated response with Australian Christian Churches.
Hillsong's Brisbane campus was registered as one of the city's official evacuation centres, while church members opened up their homes to other church members in need of a place to stay.
The church has also collected food and cleaning products at its Sunday services and signed up volunteers to help in the clean up operation.
The single and free sheet music are available to download at hillsongmusic.com/categories/live/itiswellwithmysoul
Hillsong single raises funds for flood-affected Australians
Tuesday, 25 January 2011, 23:29 (EST)
- Obama signs executive order banning federal contractors from LGBT discrimination
- Former Compassion sponsored child to share his journey of triumph over poverty
- The Canberra Declaration celebrates 4th anniversary, launches 'double our numbers' campaign
- Churches call for an immediate cessation of hostilities in Gaza
- Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash was punishment for sin, says extremist Westboro Baptist Church group