Hillsong has recorded a new version of ‘It is well with my soul’ to raise funds for those affected by the floods in Queensland, Australia.
This version features a newly written chorus by Reuben Morgan and Ben Fielding.
Twenty-two people died in the floods, Queensland’s worst natural disaster. Flood waters have also affected the state of Victoria.
All the proceeds from sales will go to the Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal, set up to support the tens of thousands of people affected.
Hillsong Australia has already been meeting the needs of those affected in the last few weeks in a coordinated response with Australian Christian Churches.
Hillsong's Brisbane campus was registered as one of the city's official evacuation centres, while church members opened up their homes to other church members in need of a place to stay.
The church has also collected food and cleaning products at its Sunday services and signed up volunteers to help in the clean up operation.
The single and free sheet music are available to download at hillsongmusic.com/categories/live/itiswellwithmysoul
Hillsong single raises funds for flood-affected Australians
Tuesday, 25 January 2011, 23:29 (EST)
- New ISIS video appears to show beheading of Steven Sotloff
- Daddy-daughter date creator to visit Australia for 'love your children' campaign
- Islamists want to 'wipe out' Christian presence in northern Mali
- 'We'll love Muslims' pledge signed by Christians, religious leaders
- World Congress of Families speaker compares abortion to Iraq massacre
- John Lennox: 'Atheism and science do not mix, but belief in God and science mix perfectly'
- Christians to observe week of prayer and fasting for Australia and Middle East
- September 2014 Edition: ACG National Gigs and Event Guide
- Gaza ceasefire makes way for 'desperately needed' humanitarian aid, says World Vision